Mooli Gandaa [Radish Meal]
Mooli in english refers to radish and everyplace i have been, no where have i found people using radish as a main course dish.
Since i love “Mooli Ganda“, i thought i should very well put it online for my reference and for anyone else who wants to experiment with their taste buds. I became familiar with it from my amma and i used to crave for it to be made.
- Radish [slender ones preferably]
- Dried red chillies/fresh green chillies
- Dhania [Coriander Seeds]
- Haldi [Turmeric]
- Red Chilli Powder
- Oil [Olive/Canola/Mustard/Vegetable]
- Grate the radish and keep it in a drainer to get rid of all the juice. You can employ any method to get rid of the water.
- Heat oil in a wide [preferably] pan.
- Once hot add broken pieces of dried red chillies or cut green chillies.
- Add coriander seeds too.
- Wait for the mixture to roast a little and then add grated radish to it.
- Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook.
- Cover the vessel till the contents are well cooked, keep stirring the mixture in the process.
- Once all the water is gone and the rawness of radish disappears, you are all set to enjoy a delicious treat 😀