Configuring Hybris e-Commerce Platform with MySql Server 5.6
By default Hybris comes packaged with HSQLDB, follow the below steps to replace that with MySql:
- Install MySql Server 5.6 (or any other version) from here.
- Create db for use with Hybris i.e. hybris56.
- Create a non-root user i.e. dbadmin.
- Stop Tomcat Server.
- Open C:\work\hybris\bin\platform (your folder path might be different) using a text editor and disable HSQLDB settings, as can be seen in the image below:
- Enable MySql settings and replace the highlighted fields with your values:
- Download the connector .jar file from here, unzip it and put it in folder C:\work\hybris\bin\platform\lib\dbdriver (your folder path might be different):
- Start Tomcat.
- If all goes well then go to hMC and initialize the database.
- Once the initialization is complete, you are a good to go.